Located in Oak Lawn, IL708-422-2992
ABOUT ITALO-AMERICAN ACCORDION MANUFACTURING COMPANY
Family Is One of Our Core Values
In the early 1900s, the first phase of what would become the oldest accordion company in the United States opened for business on
Taylor Street in Chicago, Illinois. In 1910, Demo Piatanesi and his two brothers, Finau and Bramante joined Luigi Giuletti and others to run the newly named Italo-American Accordion Company located at 3137 West 51st Street. In its prime, the accordion company
manufactured over 25 accordion each week and quickly gained a reputation for its top-quality accordions and fine craftsmanship. As
time went on, the business remained family owned and operated from 1915 to the present.
Giuseppe "Joe" Romagnoli, who took over the business in 1950, was widely regarded as the last true accordion craftsman. Joe is
credited with numerous innovative manufacturing procedures that are used in producing the accordion to this day. Perhaps the last
man in America who could create a full-working accordion from scratch, he operated the factory at 51st and Kedzie until his death in
1994. The company was then taken over by his wife, Anne, and moved to its current location in Oak Lawn, Illinois. Even today, Joe's
accordions remain some of the most sought after and best built instruments in the world.